The records in this section are primarily newspaper articles. Short essays on the history of many of these organizations are posted here.
The Ladies’ Aid, later known at the Sisterhood, assisted the men-only officers and directors of the synagogue in supporting the shul and its school. It was founded in 1905 to help the survivors of the Kishinev Massacre. In 1937 they changed their name to the Rodef Shalom Sisterhood of Homestead. More info »
The Homestead Hebrew Congregation was the only shul in Homestead, PA (except for a brief period in the early 1900s). The community was formally organized in 1894 and disbanded in 1992. Its first synagogue was located at 540 Ammon St. It was destroyed in an arson. The new synagogue remains to this day near the corner of 10th and McClure. More info »